<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13863567/?claim=kdn9c8w2e6v”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
This post is sponsored by Red Gold Tomatoes. I was provided product. All opinions are 100% my own.
Hey all! I know it has been a LONG time since I’ve posted…. The craziness of starting a new job… I tell ya. I’m still in orientation but I am now working 12 hour shifts so I work a lot less so I will have more time off. Hopefully I can get back to posting more regularly! I have lots of recipes to share.
Today I have a very yummy recipe to share. I’ve been holding out on your guys…. I’ve had this recipe figured out for a while now… I’m so glad I can finally post it.
I was so excited when my box from Red Gold came in the mail… They were so nice to send a bunch of recipe with the box. They sent me a recipe for a stuffed mushroom burger which gave me the inspiration to whip up a stuffed mushroom. I honestly didn’t put much thought into it when I was whipping this up. Most of my recipes really end up being me experimenting and mixing a little of this with a little of that. That experimenting led to this yummy recipe
I always know I have an amazing recipe when my mom requests it! Like my yummy Chicken Lettuce Wraps, my mother requests this all the time for dinner!
- 4 Large Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 oz. Light Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Crumbled Goat Cheese
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 1 15oz Can Red Gold Basil, Oregano & Garlic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ tsp. Salt & Pepper
- 4 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat with 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Add the diced red onion to the frying pan and cook until translucent.
- While the onion is cooking, take the stem off the mushrooms and clean off the dark brown part of the mushroom. I used a spoon to clean the mushrooms.
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, goat cheese crumbles, onion, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and diced tomatoes (be sure to drain the excess liquid from the tomatoes).
- Place the mushrooms on a sheet pan, then split the filling between the 4 mushrooms.
- Mix the bread crumbs and 1 tsp olive oil together and sprinkle on top of the mushrooms.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I honestly think that the tomatoes are what makes these mushrooms so yummy!
Red Gold has so many flavors of diced tomatoes to choose from. The recipe ideas are endless! Now how about a giveaway to go along with this delicious recipe
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents. I will randomly choose a winner on Monday October 6th.
What are some of your favorite ways to cook with canned tomatoes?