I have a super delicious and easy recipe, Chicken Pizza, that I had to post!
I know it’s been a while…. life has been busy… I’m still working at the same hospital but now I work in the NICU on a different campus that is closer to home. I’m really loving it but it has taken a lot of my time and energy. In my free time I’m still cooking and working out at crossfit.
I’m here today to post a recipe that is one of my mom and my favorites! She has been bugging me to post this recipe for the past week and a half. I was just going to post it on Facebook but thought maybe I should post it here, then it would be easier to find.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, flattened
- Pizza Sauce
- Toppings of Choice
- This recipe is extremely easy!
- First heat your grill to medium heat, gas or charcoal works fine.
- While your grill is heating, flatten your chicken breast with a pan or anything flat and heavy. (Your chicken may end up with some holes in it, that is ok.)
- Once chicken is flattened, salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- When grill is ready, place chicken on grill, You want to lay your chicken on the grill in a way that closes up any holes, as it cooks it will stay together.
- Grill for about 5 minutes then take off the grill and place on a platter with the cooked side up.
- Place your sauce and pizza toppings of choice on the cooked side.
- Carefully place the chicken raw side down back onto the grill, the chicken will continue to cook and your toppings with heat up/melt.
- After about 5 minutes and cheese is nice and melted you can take the chicken from the grill and enjoy!
This recipe is very easy to make and you can customize it however you want!
To flatten chicken we used a heavy cast iron pan, any large frying pan will work.
We simply placed a chicken breast on a cutting board and place plastic wrap or another rubber cutting board over the chicken and pound away.
Don’t worry is your chicken is slightly falling apart or has holes, when you place it in the grill scrunch your chicken breast together so the holes cook together, this will create a flat “crust” for your toppings!
You can top with all sorts of things. We used both pizza sauce and pesto sauce, peppers, olives, pepperoni and cheese if you want it. Once topped carefully put pizza back on grill so the bottom of the chicken cooks through and the toppings get hot and the cheese melts.
Once cheese is all melted and chicken is firm to the touch your Chicken Pizza is ready!