I posted a tease of this recipe on instagram a couple weeks ago and I’m so sorry it took until now for me to finally post it for you guys!
So as you all know I am doing a Paleo challenge with my crossfire gym so I’ve really been working on coming up with recipes and transforming some of my favorite foods to be paleo friendly. One of my favorites if fish or shrimp tacos! NOM NOM!!
So I figured it would be super easy to make it paleo friendly. And it was
This recipe is super simple and has options for buying things already made or making them yourself. Such as the guacamole. I made mine from scratch but you can also buy it. Wholly Guacamole is my favorite paleo friendly pre made guac.
- 1 Avocado, Smashed
- 2 Tbsp Diced Red Onion
- 1 Diced Tomato
- 1 Lime
- 1 Garlic Clove, Diced
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ Cup Diced Pineapple
- ¼ Cup Diced Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 16 Large Peeled & Deveined Shrimp
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Head Butter Lettuce
- Mix the avocado, onion, tomato, garlic, salt, pepper and juice of the lime together.
- Mix together the pineapple, red pepper and cilantro.
- Dry off the thawed shrimp. Then lightly coat with the coconut flour. Heat a pan with the coconut oil over medium heat. Fry the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Take one leaf of butter lettuce. Fill with shrimp, guacamole and salsa. Top with hot sauce to add a little extra heat!
This is a pretty quick recipe to throw together and it is quite delicious!! This recipe would also be great with Tilapia.
What are your favorite types of tacos?