As promised I have a picture of my yummy Chicken Gnocchi Soup and even the recipe!!! This soup turned out so good. I just ate some of the leftover soup for lunch.
This soup was very easy to put together. I did it while I was finishing up a paper for school.
I used a nice big dutch oven to make the soup. The dutch ovens do a great job holding heat and heating evenly.
I got my Gnocchi from the farmers market. You can probably find some in the grocery store in the freezer section if you dont want to go to the farmers market to find some.
- 1½ cup Diced Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 qt. Fat Free Half and Half
- 1 14oz. Can Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- 1 cup Chopped Carrot
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 cup Chopped Spinach
- 1 16oz. Package Gnocchi
- Place the butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted add the onion, celery, garlic and carrot to the pot.
- Cook for a couple minutes and then add the diced raw chicken.
- Cook for about 10 minutes (until the chicken is cooked), stirring occasionally.
- Once the chicken is cooked and the veggies have softened add the flour. This will make a roux.
- Cook the roux for 1 minutes.
- Next pour in the quart of half and half. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- At this point bring a pot of water to a boil to cook your gnocchi.
- Cook the gnocchi based on the package directions.
- Once the soup has slightly thickened add the chicken stock, spinach, thyme, salt and pepper.
- When the gnocchi are done, drain and add to the soup.
- Let it cook together for a couple minutes
- Enjoy! I topped mine with parmesan cheese and parsley.
I hope you enjoy this recipe…. it truly is delicious!
Anyone else use picmonkey? Any editing suggestions?
What’s your favorite type of soup to make?